GREEN BEER TABLE RUNNER
I don't have very many holiday decorations for St. Patty's Day since I am German/English and my husband is Indian, however.....
in the Spirit of St. Patty's Day.....
I created this Green Beer Table Runner and a tutorial for anyone else that may be interested in making one.
Gather all your Ingredients:
• 1.5 yards Green theme fabric for top and backing (14 X 50)
• Fat Quarter bundle of green coordinating prints or 5 different greens ~1 yard
• Batting at least 14 X 50 inches
• Varigated green thread
• general sewing/quilting supplies, rotary cutter, mat,pins, sewing machine etc.
St. Patty's Day Beer Tablerunner
10" X 50"
G - beer print
G2 - dark green
(2) 2.25" X 10.5"
G3 - medium green
(2) 1.5" X 10.5"
(2) 1.75" X 10.5"
G4- light green
(4) 1.5" X 10.5"
G5 - lightest green
(2) 1.5 X 10.5"
(2) 2.5 X 10.5"
• cut your pieces and arrange them to sew long sides together.
• I used my design wall and kept rearranging the strips to make sure I had the balance I started with.
• Here is the top pieced.
• Note: I left the piece rectangular until the quilting was complete.
• layer your quilt top, batting and backing and quilt as you like....
• I used a varigated green thread and stitched 1/4 inch lines down the 50 inch length of the quilt.
• Here's another view.
• Once the quilting was complete measure one end of the top about 10.5 inches.
• Divided it by 2 and then measured over that far to find the center of the short end about 5.25 inches.
• Mark it with a pencil mark.
• Line up the ruler with the marked dot and the corner of second fabric row as shown in the picture.
• Repeat for the opposite end.
• Draw a pencil line here. It will be your sewing line for your binding.
• I made 2.25 inch binding for this project.
• Sew on the binding.
• Here's a close up.
• Once binding is sewn then trim the extra quilt fabric away.
• Flip the bindng and hand slip stitch to the back.