Sunday, July 13, 2008


I began sewing my strips for a "Jelly Book" quilt using 2.5 inch Kaffe Fassett fabrics. It is similar to my mother in laws quilt that she started while visiting with us. I have all my srips and rows done and just need the sashing and border fabric. I was going to use the lime green below (a shotcoton or however it's spelled) but I didn't have enough. So now I am stuck on that quilt until I decide on a sashing. In the mean time I took the leftovers and made this table topper. There are a few repeats. Then I did some bindings...which I like to have done ahead so I don't use the fabric for another project. I worked on 2 other WIPs...but they aren't far enough to show just yet. I managed to organize a bit too. We spent quite a bit of time outside this was particularly beautiful.

DD2 jumped on the old toy of DD1's but her feet can't reach the pedals yet! It will come soon enough. My husband is doing much better now. He has quite a time of it though. I'm hoping to have some finished projects to show in the coming weeks. If the weather stays like this...I won't get much done inside though.

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Nice table topper! And what a good idea to do the bindings early -- that take good organization -- a skill I'm missing LOL!